One wife tells her husband (a programmer): "Go to the shop and buy sausages. If there are eggs, buy ten". The programmer comes to the shop, dialog:
- Do you have eggs?
- Than give me ten sausages.
I had major problems with OpenOffice and its clone: LibreOffice. When I launched OpenOffice, it took about a minute for it to start. With LibreOffice the start was fast but opening each document took about 15 seconds of waiting.
I took OS X Activity Monitor and found that both apps spend all this time waiting in a call to gethostbyname. The call before that was a call to get the name of the local host. So both apps first tried to get the name of the local host and than to resolve its IP address and that did not work well.
If you back up your Mac using Apple Time Capsule and you use Google Chrome, you will notice that Time Machine sends around 300MB to the Time Capsule each time. This is because Google Chrome changes a lot of large file each time when you navigate to a new page.
To Solve the issue, go to the Time Machine properties and exclude ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome from the backup. If you do not like the idea to loose data, just sign in to your Google Account with Chrome and it will ask you to set up a sync. Sync will send most of your data Chrome to Google and it can be stored in the encrypted form if you tick the corresponding box in settings. If you do not mind that, you can restore your Chrome in case of failure.
From one framework docs: "Before describing the configuration aspects of components (...), component types and implementations are described, since it is aspects of the component type that are configured by components – and the configurable aspects are defined by the component type.".
When you work with a command line SVN client, you may find its output too clattered, especially if you have a lot of externals or generated files that you do not commit (such as in typo3temp/ or uploads/).
To see only modified files, you can use egrep like this:
Some of you may know that there is a mirror of the official TYPO3 GIT repository at GitHub. It is quite difficult recently to get patches through the official review system, so I decided to work on GitHub from now on. Here is my fork of the official repository. I plan to add there patches I do for Snowflake as well as my own enhancements. I will merge official code into this fork from time to time.
This is not an attempt to fork entire project and go "my own way". This is an attempt to enhance TYPO3 using the patches that do not pass the official review system. I plan to do performance improvements as well as other enhancements. Think of it as of an experiment :)
I will continue patch reviews in TYPO3 Gerrit as before.