The enhancement I mean is an improvement of the Backend search. What was wrong with the old search? The old search worked like this:
- Take all numeric fields and add them to the list of searchable fields (including uid and date/time fields)
- Take all input and text fields and add them to the list (including, for example TSConfig field)
- Use LIKE %...%
- Search every table in the database if the table is in $TCA
- Search 4 levels deep maximum but never say it to anybody. So people would wonder why can't they find results deep in the tree.
What was changed? The search was adjusted to work like this:
- Use only specially configured fields for search (i.e. we can search "bodytext" field but generally there is no need to search "TSConfig" or i18n_diffsource field)
- Use numeric fields in search only if search phrase is numeric
- Skip tables that are not configured in $TCA
- Search regardless of pid unless searching "current page only" from the List module.